People always ask, “What difference will it make in my posture if my toes aren’t spaced out?”
First, let’s understand the composition of your feet. Each foot comprises 26 bones, 30 joints, and more than 100 muscles, tendons, and ligaments, all of which work together to provide support, balance, and mobility.
- Your toes stabilize your feet by extending the contact area with the floor after your heel lifts off.
- When your toes are spread “splayed” properly, they permit your feet to touch the ground evenly, optimally, and functionally.
Table Of Contents
- What happens when your toes are not aligned
- What else are the Toe Alignment Socks good for
What happens when your toes are not aligned
When your toes are “squished” together and unevenly spaced, foundational balance and symmetry are affected as some toes are forced to do the work for others. This can lead to a perpetual gait that displays uneven foot contact with the ground.
As a result of misaligned toes, foundational anatomical alignment may be compromised affecting the bones, muscles, nerves, tendons, and ligaments in your feet. When this occurs the chain reaction of other body parts are affected since every part of your body is directly or indirectly connected. If your back hurts, it may very well stem from your feet.
What else are the Toe Alignment Socks good for
Have a headache? Don’t rule out uneven strides and overcompensation and overused toes sending a nerve response to your brain.
Reflexologists make their living targeting all areas of the feet to alleviate pain in the body. When any one part of the body is forced to compensate for another body part, anatomical symmetry and alignment are affected, and the ramifications can be numerous and severe.
Some conditions that may arise from overlapping toes are:
- Corns and calluses
- Bursitis of the big toe
- Metatarsalgia in the ball of the foot
If your lower back has been hurting, the source of the pain could very well be traced to your toes and their impact on your gait. It’s incredible how vitally important the management of your feet are in the acquisition of foundational posture.
This is why Toe Alignment Socks are so important in the quest for anatomically correct posture. Understanding the importance of your feet is the first step in developing a positively constructive path towards proper posture. The next step is doing all that you can to correct the condition. Wearing Toe Alignment Socks as part of your daily routine is a positive step in the right direction.
Remember, your toes may be small, but they play a tremendous role in your functional well-being!
- Put on the Toe Alignment Socks
- Wear them for 10 minutes - overnight. If you feel pain, take them off immediately. If you do not feel pain keep them on as long as possible
- Each day try to wear them for longer periods of time